by Terri Blanchard
2) He lifted me out of the pit of despair, the mud and the mire… 12) for troubles surround me – too many to count! My sins pile up so high I can’t see my way out. They outnumber the hairs on my head. My heart fails me.
Thirteen years ago, I found myself in a deep, dark pit of despair. My life of sin and mistakes were too many to count. Years of poor choices and bad decisions slowly dug a hole in which I would surely fall into. Guilt and regrets caused me to sink deeper and deeper. Slowly I was sinking like quicksand into the depths of despair. My heart was distressed and my soul was depressed. In my hopelessness and desperation I cried out to God.
13) Please, Lord, rescue me! Come quickly, Lord, and help me. 11) Lord, do not hold back your tender mercies from me. Let your unfailing love and faithfulness always protect me.
In tears of brokenness and desperation I cried out to God, “Please, help me Lord, I need You! I can’t go on like this anymore. I am done trying to do this on my own. I have made a mess of my life. Only You can fix it, only You can save me. I give everything to You, and I mean everything. Father, please forgive me of my sins through the blood of Your son, Jesus and deliver me from myself.”
1) I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and He turned to me and heard my cry. 2) He lifted me out of the pit of despair, the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.
I could not reach up, but God’s hand reached down from heaven into the lowly pit of my pathetic existence and set my foot upon the Rock. He held my hand and steadied me, baby step by baby step. I had to face truth, make changes and work hard to walk on this new path he had set me on.
3) He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God; many shall see what He has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord.
I had to come to the end of myself so God could give me a new song in my heart. Not one of despair but of praise. Today, I praise Him for what He has brought me out of, where He has brought me to, and where He is taking me; from a pit of despair to a new fulfilling life to an exciting future.
17) my God, you are my help and my deliverer.
Out of my despair came my deliverance. Only when I surrendered and cried out to God is when He could deliver me. I pray you would know that what God has done in me, He can do in you, too.
Terri Owens Blanchard is very happily married to John Blanchard. She is also a mother, a Mimi to her granddaughter, a Mary Kay Consultant, and a small group leader for the Military Wives group. She loves to shop, travel, and shop as she travels! She also enjoys spending time with family, friends and her crazy pets. She can be reached at email@example.com.