by Terri Blanchard
Tuesday’s blog described what was going on in my life 13 years ago. Today blog is more about where I am today. While I was in a very dark place back then, I can honestly say that is not the case today. Now there is light and life in my life. My life has changed because of what God has done. Psalm 103 describes just a few of those reasons.
(1) Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His holy name.
(2) Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits.
Today, I can praise the Lord with my whole heart because of all the good things He did for me then and what He continues to do now.
(3) He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.
Actually, I could stop here because that alone is more than I could ever ask for. Not only did God forgive me for the years of mistakes, poor choices and bad decisions I made (and still make!), He has healed me and continues to heal me physically, mentally and spiritually. But wait, there is more!
(4) He redeems my life from the pit
(my deep dark pit of despair – see Tuesday’s blog)
and crowns me with love and compassion,
(5) He satisfies my desires with good things
so that my youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
(6) The Lord works righteousness
and justice for all the oppressed.
(8) The Lord is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.
(9) He will not always accuse,
nor will He harbor His anger forever;
(10) He does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.
(11) For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is His love for those who fear Him;
(12) For as far as the east is from the west,
so far has He removed our transgressions from us.
(13) As a father has compassion on his children,
so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him…
(17) From everlasting to everlasting
the Lord’s love is with those who fear Him,
and His righteousness with their children’s children.
What about you? Can you praise Him for any of the things in Psalm 103 that He has done for you? What is He doing in your life now? Why not stop and take a minute to thank Him for all He’s done?
Terri Owens Blanchard is very happily married to John Blanchard. She is also a mother, a Mimi to her granddaughter, a Mary Kay Consultant, and a small group leader for the Military Wives group. She loves to shop, travel, and shop as she travels! She also enjoys spending time with family, friends and her crazy pets. She can be reached at email@example.com.