By: Pam Otto
“So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.” 1 Thessalonians. 5:11
Okay friends, I thought it might be time for a little midsummer check-in.
Hoping you've embraced the change of pace, enjoyed a planned vacation, or had some intentional time relaxing and reflecting just a bit more than usual.
Maybe you've taken some time to reconnect with friends or have found a bit more time to engage with family or neighbors. Summer is a great time to slow our pace down, to breathe, and to find more margin in our days.
If it were possible, I'd love to pour you a cup of coffee or a cold lemonade, find a breezy place near the water and ask you all about your summer so far! I have a list of questions for you… Are you ready?
- So far, has summer 2023 been all you had thought it would be? If not, how can you change that?
- Do you have a favorite vacation spot or place you go to rest and relax?
- What intentional things have you done with your family or friends?
- What book have you read lately that has challenged you in your faith?
- Tell me about your journey with Jesus - what has He taught you this Summer?
- Have you taken any steps to deepen your relationships? What does that look like?
- What’s been hard for you lately?
- Have you prayed? How has God answered you?
- What are you most grateful for these past few weeks?
- What are your plans for the rest of the summer - how will you use this next month to get refreshed?
Did any of the above questions challenge you or make you want to initiate something new? There is such a benefit in taking some focused time to slow down, pause and reflect on where we’ve been and where we’re going.
Now is a great time to talk things out with a friend, pray for God's direction, and carve out time to listen and learn from God and others.
I love this verse. 1 Thessalonians. 5:11 says, “So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.” The challenge is to be an encouragement or comfort to another; to be available to listen, care and inspire.
So wherever you find yourself, whether in the busyness of kids and crazy or the quietness of a slower summer, let’s take some time to connect with another, ask some good questions and be an encouragement along the way!